The RIS3-MCAT Platform enables visualisation and exploration of data by using two main cores of information:
1. An overview of network member organisations, which occupies the central space on the screen.
The organisations are represented by circles in which the size, colour, location and lines linking them all assist with interpreting the data. The mouse can be used to identify and select organisations.
This overview can also be restricted to subgroups of data by applying any of the following filters:
- Year of project commencement
Moreover, from the lateral menu, the user can change the criteria by which the organisations are grouped in order to show them as networks as follows:
- High level of cooperation (groups of entities that tend to collaborate more among themselves than with others)
- Programmes (Horizon 2020, RIS3CAT instruments or both)
2. Information modules at the bottom of the screen, which show, for each group of data selected in the network, figures on
- Investment associated with projects
- Number of partners outside Catalonia
These modules can also be used to show more detailed information through graphs, tables, and key words.
Additionally, the Platform also offers the possibility of downloading the data viewed on a CSV file
and of making queries about all the data included using SPARQL